Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

People don't want to be changed but they love to change.


Jeffery Gitomer says, "People don't want to be sold but they love to buy."

I say, "People don't want to be changed but they love to change." Variety is the spice of life.

But, I hear many people say that people HATE change.

But they don't hate change.

They don't.

I don't.

You don't.

Never change?

It would be like waiting for a light that never turns green.

I love that I changed to an iPod and don't have to buy CD's with songs I don't want. (And before that I was happy to change from vinyl records that popped and hissed and had to play songs in certain order.) Even better, I get to carry most of my music collection with me when I'm out for a walk. Try THAT with vinyl!

Of course maybe you still prefer records. Some do. But there are other changes you do like.

The problem with change comes when you feel forced. Strangely even when you are the one doing the forcing sometimes. But if you understand the reasons, you get a say in the process, you get to try it on for size, well then, usually change is OK. Maybe it's even great.

No comments: